Standard Process Omega3 Endex
The Omega-3 Index Plus Test is a blood test that measures the percentage of Omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) in red blood cell membranes.
- This convenient test uses a single drop of blood to measure the Omega-3 Index.
- A finger prick provides enough blood to measure the Omega-3 Index.
- Testing is confidential, between the patient and their practitioner.
- A personalized report will be sent via email and will include individualized recommendations based on test results.
There are three phases of Omega-3 testing:
Measure: Eating fish or taking supplements does not guarantee your Omega-3 Index will be in the desirable range – it must be measured.
Modify: With your Omega-3 Index results you will have the tools to personalize your Omega-3 intake.
Monitor: Track how your dietary changes affect your Omega-3 Index by testing every 4-6 months.
An Omega-3 Index in the desirable range of 8-12% is an indicator of better overall health. As a part of an overall healthy lifestyle, an Omega-3 Index in the 8-12% range may help to maintain heart, brain, eye and joint health. Once you know your Omega-3 Index, you can personalize your diet to modify your Omega-3 Index in as little as 3-4 months.
By partnering with OmegaQuant — the premier lab for Omega-3 Index testing — Standard Process is better able to help people support conditions related to cardiovascular health^, brain health, and a healthy inflammatory process with its family of Omega-3 supplements.*
What are the Benefits of Knowing Your Omega-3 Index?
People with high Omega-3 levels support their heart, brain, eye and overall health.*
Heart Health: From a better functioning heart to healthier blood vessels, there are many reasons why people with higher Omega-3 blood levels have better heart health.*
Brain Health: Omega-3s play a role in brain health during every phase of life – from infant brain development to maintaining cognitive function as we age.*
Eye Health: Omega-3 DHA is a main component of eyes and having higher levels of Omega-3s is related to better eye health and visual development.*
Overall Health: There are multiple benefits to the mind and body in having a higher Omega-3 Index, all of which contribute to slower aging.*
Why Omega Quant?
Omega Quant is the world’s only CLIA-certified laboratory dedicated to fatty acid analysis
- Uses the same test that has been used in 200+ research studies
- Validated and standardized testing methods
- Recognized experts in fatty acid research
- Easy-to-understand reports based on well-established scientific studies